Find a post!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Hump Day - China Glaze's Electrify

Hey readers! Hope you're having a great Wednesday.  My week has been crazy.  I'm in exams right now with some major assignments due tomorrow! Anyways, last weekend I went to my local Sally Beauty Supply because they're having a buy 2 get 1 free sale which completely sucked me in.  As a result I have a few new polishes to review for you guys.


Today I chose to do a unique mani with China Glaze's Electrify from the Hunger Games Specialty Colour Collection.  To be honest, it was the only one that really caught my eye from this collection.  It is a glitter polish with a clear base. There are little gold and red circular glitters that are densely packed throughout this polish.   I really feel like this is a nice and dramatic glitter that would be well suited with Christmas colours but I'm a die-hard glitter fan so I don't let seasons dictate my choices in polish.  Anyways, this week I've been a little tired of solid glitters so I decided to switch it up.  For this manicure I used two coats of Essie's Over the Edge as my base colour and one coat of China Glaze's Electrify on the tips of my nails.  I'm super happy with how this turned out.  Once again, pictures never really capture the true brilliance of glitters but I am really in love with Electrify.  The coverage is excellent and it went on beautifully.  It's a perfect consistency and the glitter spreads evenly.

I think this polish may may reappear in combination with other colours throughout this summer.  What do you think of this colour? Are there any polishes that you would like to see reviewed?

Have yourself a happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment