Find a post!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Trendy Thursday - Malibu Sunset

Hi readers! I hope that your Thursday is wonderful.  It's bright and hot here today.  I'm leaving town for a few days to head to my 10km race in Ottawa this weekend so I'm super pumped.  But don't worry, I have lots of good posts that will be posted throughout the next few days.  These will feature many new polishes along with some funky nail art.  So wish me luck as it looks like it will be quite hot for my run (and I don't do well in heat) and I hope you guys enjoy the posts for the next few days!

Today I'm featuring some nail art that has become quite trendy.  I named this Malibu Sunset because it is similar to the logo of the infamous Malibu rum (which was a total coincidence).

To begin, I used three coats of Essie's Fiji (a light pink).  Once Fiji was dry, I sponged on Essie's e-nuf is e-nuf onto the top half of my nails using a makeup sponge.  I let this dry and then I sponged on Essie's Action.  Once both of these colours were dry, I blended them together with the sponge using extra orange and red.  This created the look of the iconic sunset.

Honestly I love how this really plays to the two significant nail polish trends right now (neons and gradient).  These are my favourite Essie colours for this summer and I can't wait feature them again!

Keep those fingers polished!

2 comments:

  1. The colors look great together! Have fun running your 10k. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a great time. I'm glad that you enjoy these colours too!

      Delete