Find a post!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Trendy Tuesday - Essie Action

Hey guys and gals! I hope that you are having a great and sunny day.  I can officially say that summer has  officially come to my neck of the woods.  It's been a pleasant 25ºC (or 77ºF ) and sunny for the past four days.  I also have gotten in the summer mood by planting my indoor garden and sporting some pretty neon nail polish.  When I ran my 5km race this past weekend I was approached by a nice lady who told me I had the brightest and prettiest nails on the course.  Honestly, I love receiving these types of complements (who doesn't?).  As a result, I thought I would make my trendy Tuesday post about the neon nail trend.
So those of you following me on Twitter (follow me here) may have noticed that prior to my trip I was hounding my local beauty supply store in hopes of finding Essie's Action.  Well, I was unsuccessful in Canada but lucky at the Lake Placid Rite Aid.  I was also lucky because this polish was four dollars cheaper! Man, I'm really jealous of American nail polish prices.

Anyways, this amazing orange was the only polish from the Poppy-Razzi collection that I felt was truly unique.  I must admit, when I purchased the bottle I thought that this polish was a softer tangerine orange but once it was on my nails, I realized that it was more of a pylon orange.  So be prepared if you purchase this polish.

In terms of application, I was a bit frustrated by this polish.  First off, it was very sheer making it hard to obtain consistent coverage.  As recommend by Essie, I used a white polish (Quo by Orly French White) underneath of Action.  Yet it still took three coats to get good coverage.  Also, these neon polishes dry with a somewhat matte finish.  As a result, a solid coat of top coat was needed.  With a coat of base coat, two coats of French White, three coats of Action, and a coat of top coat, the finished product was pretty thick on the nail.

Overall, I love the colour but wish coverage was a bit better.  Honestly, if I had the choice I would buy this colour again because it just sucks me in.  For me, this colour is very unique and out there and it will be making multiple appearances this summer (especially for nail art).  Multiple companies are coming out with neons for the summer and honestly I can say that I'm very excited.  I hope that you love this trend as much as I do! Have you picked up any neons? Which ones will you be adding to your collection?

I hope you get to enjoy some amazing summery weather!

1 comment:

  1. In Sweden we now have a balmy 9,8 degrees C, and I can promise that we have a much smaller selection of polishes to choose from, and they're expensive. In my town the cheapest I can buy Essie, actually, only one store have Essie, is about USD 18... Wet'n Wild polishes costs USD 8... If I went to the US, or Canada, or the UK I would shop like crazy for polishes. We were in the UK during Easter and I returned home with I think it was 15 different nail polishes... Anyway, I really like your blog, and I follow it on Bloglovin' so I won't miss any posts. Take care!

    ReplyDelete