Find a post!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Trendy Tuesday - Maybelline Styled Out

Hey guys! So today's post is a little late, but better late than never right? Anyways, thanks for the supportive comments yesterday, it really did lift my spirits.  I've finally gotten back home and all I can say is HOT! Wow, with no air conditioning and the windows being closed while I was away, my apartment has turned into an oven.  Hopefully by tonight it will be much cooler.  What's the weather like in your neck of the woods? I hope you guys are enjoying lots of sun.


Today I'm talking about one of the new fabulous finds that I recently bought.  This is Maybelline's Styled Out denim polish.  It's a deep blue polish with a hint of silver sparkle that dries with a matte finish.  I really do agree that this polish looks like denim.  I love these funky polishes and I think it can really spice up a manicure.

This polish has great coverage as well. On top of a base coat, you can get away with total coverage in one coat.  Honestly, there aren't many polishes that I can say one coat is truly enough but Styled Out is great.  Because this polish is meant to look like denim, I wouldn't recommend a top coat (the glossiness takes away from the effect).

Overall, I give this polish two thumbs up.  I love how it applies and the fact that it really does look like denim.  I feel like this polish would be great for fall or winter and doesn't really fit the summer trends.


Is this a polish you've picked up? Have you found any other denim polishes? If so, do you have a favourite?

Keep those fingers pretty!

3 comments:

  1. I really like this!! The shimmer is perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know eh? Bonus, this polish was only four bucks Canadian!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you reviewed this! I really wanted to try out this denim nail polish but wasn't sure if it was worth the cash. But after reading your review, I'm convinced I need to try it out! I blog about nail-art and books, I'd love it if you check out my blog; I've already followed yours, you hooked me with the beautiful blue bird backdrop!

    -Sarah
    www.laceandlavenderhints.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete